Friends, I am so excited to share this recipe with you. It tastes like heaven.. so yummylicious, chocolicious and delicious.
Its soft texture, mouth-melting chocolaty taste makes you craving for more and more.
Wonderful thing about this cake is its consists of all the healthy ingredients- atta, chocolate, yoghurt and excludes my dislikes i.e, maida, high quantity of butter, milkmaid etc. So this cake is absolutely guilt-free.. i am enjoying a state of bliss!!
I love making and baking cakes, but since long i started kinda avoiding them because of maida and butter/milkmaid that they involve. Then came this recipe which changed the whole concept of cake(maida and all..) for me. I want to innovate more such recipe that are healthy, easy on our metabolism and absolutely delicious!!
Serves - 8 wedges
Preparation time - 7 minutes
Cooking time - 14 min
Wheat flour (gehun ka atta) - 1-3/4 cup
Chocolate chips - 1 cup (or 115 gm cooking chocolate)
Sugar - 1-1/4 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Soda-bi-carb - 3/4 tsp
Oill - 1/4 cup
Yoghrt - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Take a big microwave safe bowl. Add Chocolate chips, milk and sugar. Microwave high for 2 minutes, stirring the mixture once in between. Stir for a while so that everything get dissolved.
- Add oil to the above mixture.
- Sieve atta, baking powder and soda-bi-carb.
- Add it to the chocolate-milk mixture little by little. Keep stirring to avoid any lumps. (Tip - use whisk to avoid the hassles of lump)
- Add yoghurt and vanilla essence.
- Batter should be thick and should have a dropping consistency.
- Grease and dust an 8" round microwave safe dish.
- Pour the batter. Tap the dish to settle the batter.
- Microwave on 50% power (450W) for 14 min.
- Top layer should not appear wet. If so, microwave more for a minute or two (time varies from machine to machine).
- To check if the cake is done, insert a clean tooth-pick deep down the bottom of the cake. When you pull it back, it should come out clean. If not, cake needs more cooking/baking.
- Stand-by the cake for 10 min. (during stand-by time also, cooking procedure goes on)
- With a knife loosen the edges of the cake from the dish.
- Invert the dish on a wire rack and tap it forcefully so that cake moves out.
- Keep aside to cool down.
- Refrigerate the leftover cake in an air-tight container. It remains fresh for 4-5 days.
- Reheating a wedge for 10 seconds before serving makes it taste like just-out-of-the-oven everytime you have it.
- Drizzle some hershey's chocolate syrup over it for a more chocolaty taste.