|Thousand Island Veggie Hot Dogs|
Prepare this dish for a party and be prepared to get overloaded with compliments!
A lip smacking dish!!
You can serve it as a tea-time snacks, as an accompaniment to hot soup, as a starter or as a Sunday brunch.
Beginners can make it without any hassle.
In the following recipe, I have used two products which might be new for some. To mention, first is, Thousand Island Dressing and second is Pizza Topping. Regarding Thousand Island Dressing, I used Cremica brand. It is thick, spicy and very tasty. You just need to add salt and the sufficient amount of dressing to your salads and an exotic salad is ready in minutes. Now about the other product, i.e., Pizza Topping, I trust Funfoods. A very nice spread, enhances the taste of homemade pizzas and sandwiches many times.
Cabbage (shredded) - 3 cups
Onions (finely chopped) - 2
Tomato (finely chopped) - 2
Fresh Corriander (finely chopped) - 2 tbsp
Dry Rosemary (crushed) - 1/2 tsp
Dry Parsley - 1/2 tsp
Chili flakes - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt - to taste
Thousand Island Dressing - 3 tbsp
Hot Dog Breads - 6
Melted Butter / Ghee - for greasing hot dogs
Pizza Topping (ready to use) - 3 tbsp
Processed Cheese - 3 cubes
Tomato Ketcup - to garnish and serve.
1. In a big bowl, mix cabbage, onion, tomato, corriander, rosemary herb, dry parsley, chili flakes, salt and thousand island dressing. Chili flakes is optional because thousand island dressing is already very spicy, so if want to make your salad more spicy, you can add chili flakes, otherwise skip it.
(This salad is complete in itself and can be served as an accompaniment to lunch and dinner.)
|Thousand Island salad|
2. Using a knife, Cut the hot dog breads horizontally into half (but the two pieces should remain attached to each other at the back of the hot dog bread) so that you can open it and put the stuffing.
|slit the hot dog|
3. Spread Pizza Topping on both the inner sides of the slit hot dog breads.
|spread pizza topping|
4. Divide the prepared salad into six portions and fill each portion into the hot dog breads.
|fill the salad into hot dog breads|
5. Grate a little cheese over the stuffing using the finest grater. If you are calorie conscious, you can skip this step.
|hot dog with cheese|
6. Brush melted butter or ghee all over the outer surface of hot dog breads and bake it for 4 minutes at 250 degrees in a preheated oven on a low rack. Cheese should melt down and breads should turn red and crispy on the top and sides. Bake a little more if the cheese has not melted.
|hot dog after baking|
7. Garnish the baked hot dogs with tomato ketchup in a zigzag pattern using a squeezy bottle and serve them immedietly.
|Hot dogs ready to serve!|
Friends, if you try this recipe, please comment about how your ones turned out.